A strong odor of propane coming from a 1,000-gallon tank near the intersection of Memorial Drive and York Street led fire officials to shut down both lanes of traffic for nearly 30 minutes on Tuesday. Lyndonville Fire Dept. Assistant Chief Patrick McLaughlin said the road was closed as a precaution until firefighters could determine if the tank was leaking. Firefighters who first arrived on scene said the smell of propane was very strong. The tank from which the propane smell was coming is located about 10 feet from the apartment building it fuels at 6028 Memorial Dr. Owned by Spates Family LLC, based in Newport, the building has multiple apartments. It was built in 1850. Firefighters were sent to the scene about 1:45 p.m. Traffic was shut down south of the intersection at Ledge Road near the post office. To the north, vehicles were stopped where the South Wheelock Road intersects. The road was reopened at 2:12 p.m. after the smell of propane had dissipated and fire officials got reassurance from Fred’s Energy propane technician Reggie Theroux that there wasn’t anything significantly wrong with the tank.